Saturday, May 8, 2010

Land Speeder Warthog v1

Step 1, disassemble warthog and land speeder.  The warthog unscrews into several parts.  My land speeder was model glued, so I was worried I’d have to carve it up, but it just sort of split apart when I started prying on it.  I cut open the bottom back of the land speeder to use upside-down as engines in the warthog’s back.  This makes the warthog look less like a truck and more like the Delorean time machine, pretty badass IMO. 

004005

I got a yellow no-trespassing sign to use as cheap plasticard and used it to close the cockpit and to pad up the engines to make them fit flush with the warthog.  I spent entirely too long working on the windows trying to get them to fit and bend.

007

I think the land speeder model is the ugliest new-generation model they make, but turning it from a flying car to a flying warthog makes it look pretty awesome I think.  I cut windows in the doors and put some tape as clear window, but I’m not satisfied with the job done with the doors.  It’s hard to manufacture parts that match the excellent detailed McFarlane warthog, but I thought completely closed doors would look off considering the size of the front window.  I’d like to put scouts inside the cockpit, since in my army all vehicles are piloted by scouts, not full space marines.

008 010 011

Not sure exactly where I’ll mount the weapons, but of course they’ll be magnetized.

No comments:

Post a Comment